Social Pro is a full service social curation suite empowering PowerReviews clients to create, manage, and measure social UGC (user-generated content) experiences.
With this tool, you can create and build galleries with custom layouts using UGC from multiple content streams (ie., social handles like @shoesrule and hashtags like #shoesrule) on Instagram and Twitter; easily manage your UGC content and make adjustments to galleries without the need for technical support or intervention; and measure the impact of your social UGC by impressions (how many people are seeing the content), interactions (how many people are interacting with the content) and click-throughs (how many people are following through to a linked page).
Social Pro is made possible through our continued partnership with Wyng, a premium social curation provider. With Social Pro and Social Pro+, PowerReviews users will be taken directly to the co-branded Portal in the Wyng platform. We've enabled full access to the Wyng social curation suite via single sign-on, which empowers our clients to:
- Curate custom experiences to display anywhere on their website
- Better classify their content via tags and advanced taxonomies
- Easily make changes and adjustments on-the-fly
- Measure impact through interactions, impressions, and click-throughs
- Replicate, test, and translate content
This article contains the following sections:
- Enabling Social Pro
- Product Feed
- Collecting Content
- Moderating Content
- Managing Content and Permissions
- Assigning a Conversion Unit
- Contextual Shopping for Conversion Units
- Automated Content Approval/Rejection
Enabling Social Pro
To get started, ask your Implementation Team or Account Team to enable your account for Social Pro. (It is a best practice to move 'bad' product records off of your PowerReviews merchant before enablement so that they do not appear in the Social Pro platform, which heavily leverages your Product Feed.)
To access Social Pro, once enabled:
1. Log into the PowerReviews Portal
2. Click on Social Collection in the left-hand menu
3. This will take you directly to the Wyng platform, where you will be able to review Content, create Experiences, view Metrics, and more.
Using Google Chrome: This browser features a single-sign-on experience, so you are already signed in.
Using Safari: You will be required to sign in again. To avoid this step again in future, select Remember Cookies upon re-signing in.
Once Social Pro is enabled, your Product Feed will automatically begin loading there; the feed updates weekly (Mondays) on the platform. If you need an immediate update to your Product Feed, contact your Implementation Team or PowerReviews Technical Support to initiate this manually.
If/when you remove a product from your Ratings and Reviews Product Feed, it will also be removed from the same feed that's being leveraged for Social Pro.
This is a one-time setup process for content collection for your account(s).
To collect content from Instagram, you have a few options:
- @mentions: Collect all content where your account is mentioned
- Tags: Collect all content your Instagram account has been tagged in
- Hashtags: Collect all content for specific #hashtags
1. Click the Add Stream button. You will have the option to select Instagram or Twitter, and you may have both in your content stream.
2. Click the SELECT INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT button and log into your company's Facebook account, or the SELECT TWITTER ACCOUNT button and log into your company's Twitter account. In order for Social Pro to function properly, you must be the administrator of your company's accounts.
Note: If the password of your account(s) changes, you will need to re-authorize your account(s) to ensure content continues to be ingested.
3. When prompted, choose the appropriate company Instagram handle and click Continue.
4. To collect tagged content (ie., when your account is tagged on the photo itself rather than with an @mention), check the Collect all content your Instagram account has been tagged in checkbox.
5. To collect hashtag content, specify one or more hashtags to monitor. Content containing at least one of the hashtags listed will be collected.
Example (Edit Stream):
6. The new stream will appear on the Streams page. You can add multiple Instagram and/or Twitter handles to your Stream.
Content will begin to flow into the tool as of the date of authorization; it will not pull in content prior to that day. Images and videos will begin to flow continuously into the Social Pro tool when users mention your brand or handle in their Instagram posts, as per your campaign specifications.
Non-English Language Support:
- Campaigns can be run for any language or locale, but the Social Pro tool is only available in English. If you need to translate captions, you have the ability to do so within the tool. For more information, see Translations below.
- The Permission to Use text should be localized during campaign creation. Your Account Team or PowerReviews Technical Support can help you update this.
Once content starts to flow into the Social Pro tool, you will be able to determine which pieces of content you would or would not be interested in displaying on your site through content moderation.
To moderate a piece of UGC, click the Content > Manage tab. You have the ability to select several items at once and Approve or Reject for moderation in bulk, or you can individually moderate one by one.
If you need to review the piece of content further, simply click into it and you will have the ability to Approve or Reject the content within the image selection in the upper right side of the content selection screen:
Managing Content and Permissions
Once content starts to flow into the Social Pro tool and is actioned by you or your team, it will be in one of five mutually exclusive states:
- Not Requested
- Follow Up
The tool will display actionable content that includes an @mention from the author. When you or your team requests rights to a piece of content by commenting on the user's post, the status will be changed from Not Requested to Requested. To respond, the original author of the post must comment back with an @mention:
- If a comment contains an @mention and consent hashtag #YES, the content's status will be changed to Granted
- If a comment contains an @mention and refusal hashtag #NO, the content's status will be changed to Refused
- If a comment contains an @mention but does not have either #YES or #NO, or hasboth #YES and #NO, the status will be changed to Follow Up so that you can clarify with the author
Unless you want to follow-up, do not click on the permissions while asking for rights to the content.
Permission to Use Request Language
Upon the creation of your PowerSocial account, PowerReviews will set up your Permission to Use language for you. This will need to include an instruction that captures the @mention of your brand, as well as a content grant keyword hashtag and a content refusal keyword hashtag (the defaults are #YES and #NO). The language can be whatever you would like it to be. The default consent request message is: "Great photo! We'd love to share it on our site. Reply @yourbrand #YES if that's OK."
Tagged and Hashtag Content
Users cannot post a request for rights directly from the Content Details page (Instagram only allows posts via API for content where the author directly @mentions the brand). However, the user can use a link on the Content Details page under the Permission to Use section to open up the content on the Instagram web app to paste the message and request rights.
When the content author @mentions the brand when replying to grant permission, the Permission to Use status of the content will be updated to Granted automatically.
Content Usage and Ownership
If the author granted permission (#YES) via your legal language request, you may also use that content in other marketing resources.
If you are on PowerReviews' Social Pro+, our Professional Services offering, our moderators will handle UGC moderation, user permissions, and product matching on your behalf.
If you are not on PowerReviews' Social Pro+ Professional Services offering, these actions must be owned by you or your team. If you have any questions about which tier you are on, getting trained on the Social Pro tool, or any other related topics, please contact your Account Team.
Assigning a Conversion Unit
Once you've successfully moderated a piece of content and received permission to use it, you can assign a product, or Conversion Unit, to the image.
Assigning Conversion Units to UGC generates website traffic and conversions by providing visitors to your gallery the opportunity to click through from the UGC to products on your site. Your PowerReviews Product Feed syncs to allow you to type in the name of a product or the page ID (SKU as defined by Wyng) and select the product in the image.
Completing this step makes the product shoppable to drive a customer to that product's PDP when viewing in a gallery on your website.
You may tag several products at once if there are multiple products featured in the image.
Note: For Social Pro, an image DOES NOT REQUIRE assigning a Conversion Unit for it to be featured in an experience you create. To learn more about adding tags or taxonomies to the image to be included in your saved filters, click here.
Contextual Shopping for Conversion Units
To further drive transactions, visible click points can be added on each product in an image which link to the associated Conversion Units. This is known as Contextual Shopping, and it is an easy and appealing call-to-action for a consumer to click and discover the products featured in an image; they can then click-through to add to cart and purchase.
To set up Contextual Shopping, follow the steps listed below:
1. Navigate to the Content > Manage page
2. Hover over a piece of content and click Expand to assign a Conversion Unit
3. On the content details window, scroll down to the Conversion Units field and click on Assign Conversion Unit placeholder
4. You can now add click points by clicking anywhere on the content and assigning a Conversion Unit to it (click Confirm after assigning each one)
5. To delete any click point, select it so it turns blue then click the Delete button
6. The Flex Grid/Gallery component will automatically display click points on content when available
To append translated captions to pieces of content, labeled with locale code, the Translation feature allows you to display captions in the local language depending on the location the campaign is accessed from. This can be managed via the content moderation console.
To set up Translation for UGC:
1. Log into the Wyng dashboard and navigate to the Content tab
2. Hover over the piece of content for which you'd like to add a translated caption and click Expand
3. Scroll down to the Content detail page and click Add Translation
4. Add Locale and Caption in the translation pop-up
You can add multiple translations depending on the locations and they will appear in a list in the Translation section. When you wish to see the content translated for a specific location, you can go to the Content page and filter content based on location.
Automated Content Approval/Rejection
Content Rules allow you to create rules for Social Pro to Approve and Reject content from the following sources automatically:
- Author by (ambassadors, influencers, or other profiles you have relationships with to use their content)
- Containing keyword, hashtag, or username
- From Stream (content gathered by any of the streams you have configured)
Each rule can contain 50 profiles or @mentions. Only letters, numbers, underscores ( _ ), and periods ( . ) are allowed. Do not include the @ symbol. You can name the rules, edit, add, or remove them.
1. Navigate to the Rules tab on the Content page.
2. Add an Instagram or Twitter Rule.
To add Rules by content Author:
- Rejected: This automatically rejects Permission to Use by the added authors
- Approved: This automatically approves content written by the added authors
- Granted Permission to use: This automatically grants Permission to Use by the added authors
3. Edit a Rule.
To edit a pre-existing rule:
Once you've completed all enablement and configuration activities, you're ready to delve into creating Experiences. To learn more about all steps in the Social Pro Experience Creation Process, click here.