Product Data and Order Data are the two most critical components that drive the PowerReviews solution.
Without these components, your UGC collection and display solution (as diagrammed below) will be unable to deliver maximum business impact. Learn more about the importance of Product Data and Order Data below.
Why is Product Data Important?
Your Product Data drives the following components of your PowerReviews solution:
- Write-a-Review (WAR) Form: The WAR form pulls in and displays the product name, product image, and page URL during the customer review submission process.
- Template Mapping: We can map certain WAR form templates to certain products, based on your product categories. This provides a more contextual review writing experience for your customers (ie., mapping a Shoe template to your Footwear product category)
- Questions & Answers: The Q&A solution pulls in and displays the product name and product image when a customer is asking a question or providing an answer.
- Syndication: PowerReviews Syndication relies on your Product Data to share reviews between brands and retailers by matching primarily on UPCs/EANs/GTINs.
- Product Sentiment Analytics: This advanced analytics tool uses Product Data to display sentiment and insights for your products and categories, and relies on your team passing PowerReviews correct product names and category names.
Why is Order Data Important?
Your Order Data drives the following components of your PowerReviews solution:
- Solicitation of New UGC: Customer orders will trigger a review solicitation email or SMS text message asking the buyer to leave a product review, upload social content, etc. These solicitations are the biggest drivers for collecting new UGC on your website, and they cannot work without Order Data.
- Reporting: Order Data enables the Sales Influence report, which shows the Number of Orders and Conversion Rates with vs. without reviews.
Data Delivery Methods