Order Data is one of the most critical components that drives the PowerReviews solution.
Order Data Delivery Options
Order Feed vs. Checkout Beacon: Business Considerations
We recommend defining and reviewing your high-level business objectives and considerations, and then evaluating these delivery options in that context. Below are some considerations to get you started. Please contact your Implementation Team or Account Team with any questions or to discuss further.
- What resources do you have available to do the work (web developers and/or data analysts/engineers)? If web developers are limited, consider an Order Feed. If data analysts are limited, the Checkout Beacon may be a better fit.
- Does your business require 100% order accuracy, or the ability to only send review solicitation emails to customers who received the product (and did not return/cancel their order)? If yes, consider an Order Feed.
Order Feed vs. Checkout Beacon: Technical Considerations
- You have total control of the flat file that is passed to PowerReviews, so you may inject in-store (non-eCommerce) orders for Follow-Up Email review solicitation, or otherwise compile the orders as you see fit.
- This is a fully auditable process combined with PowerReviews Portal tools, which enables 100% control of the orders entering the PowerReviews solution for Follow-Up Email review solicitation.
- This method requires coordination of potentially separate resources beyond your web development team to automate the file creation and delivery to the SFTP server.
- If you use an Order Feed as your only data delivery option, the Sales Influence report is unavailable in the PowerReviews Portal.
- Best Practice: If 100% control is needed for your Order Data and you also want access to the Sales Influence report, you can implement both the Order Feed and the Checkout Beacon (where the Checkout Beacon is configured to not trigger your Follow-Up Emails). This enables you to get both full control over orders passed to PowerReviews as well as conversion reporting benefits.
- Customer orders are collected in your PowerReviews solution at the point of purchase, and can be audited via the PowerReviews Portal.
- The Checkout Beacon does not allow for order deletions (ie., returns or cancellations), or in-store orders, as the data is passed at the point of purchase on your website.
- Historically, PowerReviews has seen some orders not captured due to timeouts, etc. (while the capture-rate is high, it's not 100%).