This article discusses how to implement Visual Content Collection. To learn more about Visual Content Collection and its features, click here.
In order to enable Visual Content Collection, ensure that your PowerReviews solution is on the latest version of the Review Display, and that your Image Gallery is enabled on your PDPs. You must also be using some sort of review solicitation email, whether via the PowerReviews Follow-Up Email feature or through your own ESP.
Enabling Visual Content Collection
If you currently use the PowerReviews Follow-Up Email feature and wish to enable Visual Content Collection, please contact your Implementation Team or Account Team. They can enable the feature to collect either images only, or images and videos, in your emails.
Using Your Own ESP
If you're using your own Email Service Provider (ESP) to send your Follow-Up Emails, you must add two parameters to your email URL to enable Visual Content Collection. This is in addition to the best practice of encrypting the email addresses, which also uses additional parameters in your email URL. For more information, see Encrypting Email Addresses below.
The two parameters for Visual Content Collection are:
- pr_merchant_user_id=[your unique merchant user id]
Your URL should appear similar to the following:
If you're using your own ESP to send your Follow-Up Emails, PowerReviews recommends encrypting your customers' email addresses to ensure their privacy when they submit reviews. You must use the pr_emuid parameter, rather than using the pr_merchant_user_email parameter in the URL.
PowerReviews uses a 128-bit AES/CTR/NoPadding cypher, along with the AES algorithm.
Contact your Implementation Team or Account Team for the necessary information needed to encrypt the email address strings. Once received, use the following steps to complete the process:
1. Lowercase the email string
2. Encrypt the email using an AES cypher, with the unique 16-digit string provided by PowerReviews as the encryption key and 'EmailPWRIVSpecIV' as the IV
3. Convert any '+' characters to '==PLUS==' in the encrypted email string in Step 2
4. URL encode the string from Step 3 using UTF-8 encoding
5. Assign the resulting string to the pr_emuid parameter within the Write-a-Review wrapper page URL
6. Then, you must encrypt your email and plug in the encrypted document