Note: Display 3 documentation is provided as a courtesy for clients on this legacy version of PowerReviews. It is no longer supported. We recommend contacting your Account Manager to discuss upgrading to our newer Display 4.1 version as soon as possible.
The Write-a-Review and Q&A wrapper pages are hosted on your Web server and will incorporate your website's existing header and footer. The Write a Review wrapper page can be used for both your Review Collection form as well as your Q&A form. The values passed to this page from the links on your product detail pages or from your follow-up emails determine the appropriate form to be displayed.
PowerReviews code builds the Write a Review form for your customers and includes Pros, Cons, Best Uses, and other tags tailored to fit your category of eCommerce.
Copy and paste the code provided below into the content area of your wrapper page.
Make the following replacements in the code you just pasted:
- Line 3: replace <PAGEID> with the page_id value being passed in your product feed that is associated with the product
- Line 4 and Line 9: replace <MGID> with your Merchant Group ID
- Line 5: replace <MerchID> with your Merchant ID
- Line 6: replace <SiteID> with your Merchant Site ID
- Line 7: replace <Locale> with your site locale
PowerReviews supports HTTPS with Display 3, but you should ensure that your calls being made to full.js and applaunch.js are either HTTPS or protocol agnostic.
If you are not using the On Demand solution, then update the value of src in Line 8 with your hosted instance of appLaunch.js.
The different variables need to be defined before calling the appLaunch.js script.
An example URL would be:
Loading Forms Asynchronously
If you would like to load the Write-a-Review/Question/Answer form asynchronously (usually via a single-page-mobile-application OR modal), follow the following work-flow:
1. Call appLaunch.js to render the Write-a-Review form.
2. When navigating away from the form, run POWERREVIEWS.submission.unmount() function to destroy the form.
3. Repeat as necessary.