The Images & Videos section in the PowerReviews Portal gives you access to all media submitted to your website natively or syndicated to your website through the PowerReviews Open Network.
To begin accessing all of your media content in-depth, click the star icon in the left-hand navigation and navigate to Images & Video:
This article contains the following sections:
- Understanding the Image & Video Card
- Adding the Featured Media Flag
- Adding Observations to Images & Videos
- Overriding the Site Status of Images & Videos
Understanding the Image & Video Card
You can view and moderate all media you collect through the Image and Video Card.
1. Media and Caption - This section shows the image or video and its caption as submitted by the reviewer
2. Original Review - This expand/collapse section shows the Core Review Content and Meta Info of the review submitted with the image
Adding the Featured Media Flag
There is a Featured Image checkbox on the right-hand side of the Image & Video Card. If you check this box to choose an image or video to be Featured, then it will be prioritized and shown ahead of any non-Featured media in your galleries.
Adding Observations to Images & Videos
As a part of your internal moderation process, you can add your own Observations. To add Observations:
1. Navigate to the Images & Videos section of the PowerReviews Portal (your images and videos appear in a list)
2. Evaluate the image or video and decide what Observation(s) you want to add
3. Select an Observation code from the Observation dropdown (reference the Moderation Glossary if needed)
4. Click Save
Overriding the Site Status of Images & Videos
You can override the Site Status of media content through the Image & Video Card.
For example, certain media may be set to Unpublished because of Observations made by PowerReviews moderators. However, you can override this by switching the Site Status from Unpublished to Published in the dropdown on the right-hand side of the Image & Video Card and clicking Save.
Conversely, if you see certain media that's set to Published but you want to remove it from your website, you can override this by switching the Site Status from Published to Unpublished in the dropdown on the right-hand side of the Image & Video Card and clicking Save. You should only unpublish content if the content was published in error or contains product-specific commentary that only someone on your team would know is false.
When you override the Site Status of an image or video, the change appears on your website within 1-3 days of the change.
Note: Users can flag media on your website as inappropriate. If an image or video is flagged at least three times by three unique users, it becomes Unpublished.