The Reviews section in the PowerReviews Portal gives you access to all reviews, images, and videos submitted to your website natively or syndicated to your website through the PowerReviews Open Network.
To begin accessing all of your content in-depth, click the star icon in the left-hand navigation:
This article contains the following sections:
- Understanding the Review Card
- Adding Observations to Reviews
- Overriding the Site Status of Reviews
- Moderation Timing
Understanding the Review Card
You can read, moderate, and respond to every review you collect through the Review Card.
1. Core Review Content - This section shows the following components of the review:
- Star Rating
- Submit Date
- Review Comments
2. Miscellaneous Content - This section shows the following optional components of the review:
- Best Uses
- Describe Yourself
- MSQs (Merchant-Specific Questions, or Custom Questions)
- Was this a gift?
- Would you recommend this product to a friend?
3. Images and Videos - This section shows any images and videos submitted with the review. Click on thumbnail images to expand them.
4. Meta Info - This expand/collapse section shows any related metadata (ie., User Email or Review ID)
5. Merchant Response Box - This section has an open text box for you to leave a response to the review
Adding Observations to Reviews
Your content is tagged with Observations as it moves through the PowerReviews moderation process.
If PowerReviews moderation tags your content with Observations, the tagged Observations appear below the PowerReviews Observations label on the right-hand side of the Review Card. If we do not tag your content with any Observations, the No PowerReviews Observations status will appear. If PowerReviews hasn't moderated your content yet, a yellow warning label appears that states Unmoderated by PowerReviews.
As a part of your internal moderation process, you can add your own Observations. To add Observations:
1. Navigate to the Reviews section of the PowerReviews Portal (your review content appears in a list)
2. Read the review and decide what Observation(s) you want to add
3. Select an Observation code from the Observation dropdown (reference the Moderation Glossary if needed)
4. Click Save
Overriding the Site Status of Reviews
You can override the Site Status of any individual review through the Review Card.
For example, a review may be set to Unpublished because of Observations made by PowerReviews moderation. However, you can override this by switching the Site Status from Unpublished to Published in the dropdown on the right-hand side of the Review Card and clicking Save.
Conversely, if you see a review that's set to Published but you want to remove it from your website, you can override this by switching the Site Status from Published to Unpublished in the dropdown on the right-hand side of the Review Card and clicking Save. You should only unpublish content if the content was published in error or contains product-specific commentary that only someone on your team would know is false.
If you participate in Syndication, reverting a review from Published to Unpublished Site Status only removes the review from your native website, not from any downstream sites in the Syndication network.
When you override the Site Status of a review, the change appears on your website within 1-3 days of the change.
Note: Users can flag reviews on your website as inappropriate. If a review is flagged at least three times by three unique users, it becomes Unpublished.
Once a review is submitted, there is a 72-hour target for PowerReviews moderation (though reviews are often moderated sooner than this). Once approved by PowerReviews moderation, the review will show on your website upon our next content refresh, which is typically ~24 hours.
Similarly, if you revert a review from Published to Unpublished it will be taken down from your website upon our next content refresh, which is typically ~24 hours.