PowerReviews offers XML Schema in the form of XSD files. You can use the XML Schema to assist you in completing tasks such as:
- Powering mobile apps in place of an API
- Databasing your content to show in your marketing emails
- Facilitating faceted review search on your product detail pages (PDPs)
The XML contains the following types of information:
- Product-specific information like product names and page IDs
- Aggregate data showing the number of reviews, questions, and answers
- Individual pieces of content like reviews, questions, and answers your customers write
Note: PowerReviews doesn't recommend using the XML files to create a custom display, as this can prevent you from taking advantage of many PowerReviews features that are available. Using the XML files to create a custom display can also limit our ability to provide support for you.
The PowerReviews XML is distributed in two files:
- Summary - The summary file contains an aggregate of ratings and Q&A information. This file doesn't contain all content, only an overview of each of your products.
- Complete - The complete file contains all content you've ever collected that's been approved or published on your website.
Latest XML Version
If you implemented a previous version of the XML file (first or second version), the changes highlighted in the table below exist in the third version. Please contact your Account Team or PowerReviews Technical Support to know what version you are using.
|Number of products shown||
Shows only products with content whether or not it is able to be published. Products that have only content not able to be published will show up as empty product elements.
|Location of aggregate data||Shows aggregate data at the bottom of the product element.|
|Attributes on the Product tag||
Doesn't describe the different types of content associated with a product. For example:
<product xsi:type="Product" locale="en_US">.
|Product Elements||Does not contain the following elements associated with products: smallstarimagelocation and largestrimagelocation.|
Does not contain the following elements associated with reviews: is_shared, associated_product_list, and questionGroups.
Download the XML Schema
You can download the XSD files of the Complete and Summary XML Schema:
- Click to download a ZIP file with both
Note: PowerReviews recommends testing multiple websites and locales to ensure future-proofing. Contact PowerReviews Technical Support if you have questions about how to use the XML.