If you have sensitive information or additional data protection needs, PowerReviews offers Two-Factor Authentication (2FA). This a method of confirming a user's claimed identity by using a combination of two different components.
The components you'll use for 2FA are:
- Your PowerReviews username and password
- A separate device with a dynamic password (PowerReviews recommends using a mobile device)
To create a PowerReviews account for 2FA, request an account from your Customer Success Manager. Once your Customer Success Manager sets up your account, you'll receive an email from PowerReviews to create your PowerReviews credentials.
Setting Up Your PowerReviews Password
When you set up your PowerReviews password, you complete the first component of the 2FA. To set up your PowerReviews password:
1. Follow the set up instructions provided in your Welcome email from PowerReviews.
2. Enter your password.
3. Click Save new password.
Logging into the Portal
After you create your PowerReviews password, log into the PowerReviews Portal.
1. When you log in, you're prompted with a Register a Device message.
2. Click Continue to redirect your page to OneLogin to create the second component of your 2FA.
Setting Up OneLogin
After you've clicked Continue and moved to OneLogin, you'll finish setting up your 2FA. You will need a mobile device to finish this process.
To set up your second password:
1. Enter your PowerReviews email and password.
2. Click Log In. A message appears stating that you don't have a strong authentication factor configured.
3. Select Google Authenticator or OneLogin from the Select OTP Method dropdown. You can use either of these applications. Ensure that you download and configure either Google Authenticator or OneLogin in your mobile device before proceeding to step 4.
4. Scan the barcode that appears on the screen using either Google Authenticator or the OneLogin app on your mobile device.
5. Enter the security code that appears on your mobile device after you scan the barcode.
6. Click Log In. OneLogin directs you back to your Portal.
7. Enter your PowerReviews credentials.
8. Click Login.
9. Enter your 6-digit Multi-Factor Authentication Code that you entered in step 5.
10. Select Google Authenticator or OneLogin from the Select Device drop-down.
11. Click Submit.
Your PowerReviews account is now set up to use Two-Factor Authentication!