It can be difficult to obtain significant review coverage for certain products, like seasonal items or items that fall under a very wide parent category with many PDPs to explore. To eliminate instances of products with zero reviews and provide shoppers with valuable information to support conversion, PowerReviews offers Brand Score.
Brand Score uses an aggregate score of products within a brand and category to display an overall 'score' for the brand in the PDP Review Display for products with no reviews.
Example of how Brand Score is displayed for a product that has no reviews yet:
- You must have at least 10 reviews for a category in order for Brand Score to appear
- You must be on PowerReviews Display 4
- You must have clean brand data, and must ensure your product data includes the following fields:
- Brand (for retailers only)
- The Review Snippet and Review Snapshot must both be enabled for your account
- Social Measurement must be enabled for your account
- Brand Score is the average of all reviews at that taxonomy level (once reaching a threshold of 10)
- An aggregation of (the lowest level) 10 or more makes a product eligible to receive Brand Score
- Brand Score will appear one day after the first page view
- Brand Score is enabled via a backend account setting (you must provide category and brand product data to PowerReviews before we can enable)
If you are interested in implementing Brand Score, please contact your Account Team.