Badges are icons that appear in your Review Display and act as user designations for where a review may have originated. They provide additional transparency for customers reading reviews and can help build trust for your brand.
Badges for Reviews
PowerReviews supports the following badges for Reviews:
- Verified Buyer - This badge shows that the person who wrote the review actually purchased the product. This badge is granted to any review passed with the pr_source=email parameter. PowerReviews automatically appends this to URLs included in our Follow-Up Email feature. This badge is display only for reviews received for the specific products that they purchased.
- Verified Reviewer - This badge shows that PowerReviews can confirm the identity of the person who wrote the review, via an email verification process. It is granted once someone has entered their email address into the Email field on the Write-a-Review form, and clicked the necessary link sent in email to validate their identity. It will be associated with that user across all reviews on all PowerReviews clients' sites.
- Staff Reviewer - This badge shows that the person who wrote the review has been validated by your brand as a staff member or employee
Example (Verified Buyer badge):
Example (Verified Reviewer badge):
Example (Staff Reviewer badge):
Note: You can use CSS to override the default PowerReviews badges on your website.
Badges for Questions & Answers
PowerReviews supports the following badges for Questions & Answers:
- Verified Reply - Shows that the person who provided the answer is an internal/brand Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Product Owner - Shows that the person who provided the answer actually owns the product
Example (Verified Reply badge):
Number of Badges Allowed
In the case where a Review or Q&A meets the criteria of two or more badges, only one badge displays, according to the following prioritized order:
1. Staff Reviewer/Expert
2. Verified Buyer/Product Owner
3. Verified Reviewer